- The Yearbook is compiled in accordance with the Statistic Law and its enforcement rules. The Yearbook employs “Taiwan Agricultural Yearbook” complied by Department of Agriculture and Forestry of Taiwan Provincial Government as framework and basic contents. The Yearbook is completed pursuant to an expansion of Taiwan Agricultural Yearbook. The Yearbook is published to provide the most update basic numeric statistics on production, price, and cost related to agriculture, forestry, fishery and animal husbandry, as well as on agricultural natural disasters and corresponding aid. Thus, an overall agricultural status can be presented to the public.
- The area covered for information contained in the Yearbook is Taiwan-Fukien Region, unless there is an indication otherwise.
- The period of the static information contained in the Yearbook is as of December 31, 2016. The period for the dynamic information is from January to December of 2016. Partial information is data of 2015 due to the fact that the most update statistic results have not been generated.
- Figures given in this issue which do not agree with the corresponding figures in the previous are due to authorized corrections made.
- The source of information, explanations and notes are provided in the following tables of the Yearbook.
- There might be some inconsistency in aggregation of detailed numbers and the total in the Yearbook due to the rounding up of the decimal fractions.
- The measurement units in the Yearbook are based upon the metric system. Dollar amounts (value) are indicated in NT dollars. Indications will be made in the tables for special situations.
- Symbols adopted by the Yearbook are as follows:
p ： stands for the preliminary statistic number
f ： stands for the forecasted number
r ： stands for the revised number
e ： stands for the estimated number
－ ： stands for no numeric value available
… ： stands for unclear numeric value or no information available
0 ： stands for a numeric value less than half a unit
＊ ： stands for the year before (including works as year), the data is Taiwan area